Here are some points, coming to you roughly live.
- ICML 2009 will be in Montreal, June 15-19. Colocated with COLT (June 20-23) and Symposium on RL (June 19-21).
- ICML 2010 will be in Haifa, Isreal (led by IBM folks). No official dates, yet.
- The ICML board will be holding elections for members soon: probably around 10 new. Requests for nominations will be sent out in the next month or two from IMLS.
- Sounds like tracks will be implemented in SPC vs. review -- just like *ACL. To me, clearly a good idea. Bidding on 600 papers sucks.
- There's discussion about having a combination of a "AAAI-style nectar track" and an "applications track." The idea would be that if you've published a paper at an applications conference (eg, ACL, CVPR, ISMB, etc.), you could rewrite >50% of it, sell it to an ICML audience, and resubmit. The goal would be to get some applications blood into ICML, and not simultaneously prevent people from submitting their apps papers to the apps conferences.